- Title: Sr. Human Resources Manager – Marina Del Rey, CA
- Type: Corporate
The Senior Human Resource Manager will plan, lead, direct, develop and coordinate the policies, activities, and staff of the Human Resource department. They will lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and onboards new staff in the company.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department for KOBRE companies (Multi State)
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Collaborates with training and development programs.
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Provides support and guidance to HR generalists, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of five years of human resource management experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
- Must be able to travel when necessary.
- Salary Range $80,000 to $100,000 DOQ.
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Accrue 12 days of paid vacation every 12 months.
- Accrue 6 days of paid sick leave every 12 months.
- 401K with matching and immediate vesting. [participation after 1 year of employment].
What makes a successful HR Manager at Trojan Storage?
A person who is a natural leader and motivated to grow with the organization. Someone who can take charge in any situation, be resourceful and utilize the best parts of the team to achieve success.